From:
Dan Dvorak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 May 1996 15:00:15 -0500
This is my first contributution to the FML, and I just thought I would let
everyone in on my news.  I have a ~5yr old Sable Male, named Koto (ripped
from the Beastmaster movie).  He was rescued(?) from the ferret fanciers of
Milwaukee when he was about a year old.  He has a love /hate reletionship
with Budda, my 3yr old cat with a kitten's underdeveloped brain.  Some good
toys that I have found in the past, although hard to find, are mainly kids
toys, a rough rider/stomper (remember these?) was the perfect 'prey' to be
chased.  He usaully went for the rubber wheels, probably relating to that
natural killer instict of going for the legs.  Pop wheels motorcycles with
the rip cord were also good chalenge.  Also, I have dinosaur slippers that
seem to be "stolen" often and must be recovered from under the bed, along
with the pens, popcorn, and pennies that seem to find their way under there.

The problem I have now is he has developed slight hair loss on the outside
of his rear legs and his lower belly area.  I searched the net and read on
Adrenal disease.  Hair loss was a symptom but was described as "starting
from the tail and working it's way up." His tail is normal so far so I hope
this is not the case because surgery will be expensive.  I noticed this
whole thing starting about 2 weeks ago and last monday he went to the vet,
who said it may be a number of different things, like diabetes or an alergic
reaction.  I was given a spray bottle of gentocin, but there hasn't been
much change.  The hair loss is the only problem, he is sleeping, eating and
dooking at everyting as usual.  If anyone has had this problem please let me
know how it turned out.  I will probably bring him back to the vet early
this coming week for a blood test.

One more thing, after a rather phisical brawl with Budda, he devolped what
looks exactally like a blood blister on his neck (where Budda usually
strikes!) Is this more dangerous than I think?

Also, any ideas on how to turn him into slightly a lap ferret?  He is too
energetic to sleep near me, even if I move him from a nap to my lap.  Thanks
for any help or info you can contribute.

        -Dan
        -and of course, Koto.
        ( )--(a)
        (@=@=) \
         ''  \   \
"If it moves, bite it, if it runs, jump on it, if it squeaks, hide it,
 and if it does nothing, then poop on it." (quote from FML)