From:
Marge Szelmeczka <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Feb 2000 22:26:12 -0600
Tuesday, 8PM
After looking everywhere I could at 9PM I sent out the message below:

 TO:  All my friends
 Subject:  Prayers needed for missing ferret

I came home from the doctor tonight to find a pair of ferrets had escaped
from their cage.  One was found running in the heating ducts.  The other
one is still missing, probably got out of the house.

Please pray for his safety and that we find him.

Margie

At 10 PM The miracle happened and I sent out this follow-up

 Date: Tuesday, February 22, 2000 10:15 PM
 Subject: Prayers are answered

Moose is a 9 month old hob.  I sat down after putting food, water, and
lights at all the escape exits.  Figured I would play solitaire to a
quiet house and listen for noises.

Moose's cage is behind me.  He began banging adamantly on his door to be
let out.  I let him out and he went for the back bedroom and into the
closet.  I looked there and thought , oh he's just wanting out.  Back in
the cage he went.  He kept on banging to get out.  So I covered the cage
front.  Then he started banging at the back side.  Okay, take him out
again.  Carry him to the back bedroom (ferret room).  I thought I heard a
cabinet door band.  Was just my imagination.

This time when I went to check the bathroom escape exit, there was my
missing ferret eating the food I put out.  I picked him up and put him
back in his cage.  I picked up Moose and put him back in his cage and he
went to sleep.

Yes, Moose did know where and have to find the lost ferret.  I have no
doubt because now he is a sleep and content.