From:
Jennifer Lapierre <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Jun 1996 09:43:12 -0400
Hi, the exact same thing happened to my ferret 2 weeks ago.  His symptoms
are severe shedding for about 3-4 days (it has stopped now and his coat is
very sparse), excessive water drinking, itching, sneezing, muscle-mass loss,
and slight lethargy.  According to the vet who I am to see this Friday, she
said (on the phone) that b/c he's only 11 months old, she doubted that it
was adrenal-related.  If it turns out that it is something else, I'll let
you know.  I'll forward you the FAQ on adrenal stuff, though, which you
should bring to your vet.  The first vet I saw yesterday knew nothing about
ferrets, even though I had dropped her off the FAQ days in advance.  She had
never even drew blood from a ferret before!  That's why I'm going to the
"Exotic" Clinic at Angell Memorial Hospital on Friday, the best pet
health-care place in Boston.  Wish me luck, and good luck to your ferret too.

-Jenn