From:
"edman (Ed Atlee)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Jul 1995 10:51:49 EDT
Our Goose went through a phase like that, we wanted to switch from Iams to
Marshall's and were mixing...if you have a multi-level cage, try keeping
the food and litter on a different floor.  We use carpet on each level, so
stuff can't fall through, but then when you try to pick up the food, you
get carpet fibers in it, so linoleum might be a better idea.  You mentioned
spilled litter, if that's a problem you may want to try different flooring
for different levels.  If you go with carpet, BTW, you want to make sure
you can access each level (well, you want that anyway, for emergencies or
stubborn ferrets :), and also that you have a hose attachment for the
vacuum cleaner.  Also binder clips work well to keep the curious on *top*
of the carpet ;)

To Meg Carpenter, the story of the AC guy made my day!!!  Things like that
make me feel like there is hope for us humans, after all - ick, I'm all
warm and fuzzy inside now...unlike ferrets, who are warm and fuzzy on the
outside :)

--Ed Atlee (edman)

BTW, I think Sid and Nancy are cool names for ferrets, but I'm weird, and
I'm convinced that my ferrets like punk rock :)

[Moderator's note: I think they are great names too, but if I wasn't a
little weird I wouldn't be doing this. BIG]