From:
Bruce Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Oct 1995 13:20:42 -0600
I haven't seen anyone else post this so I guess I will.  The local paper
here in Rapid City had a small article about the death of the last captured
black-footed ferret.  "Jezabelle" was captured along with her litter mates
and mother in late summer of 1986 near Meteetse, Wyoming.  She died October
3rd at the Sybille Canyon Research Center.  This would make her over 9 years
old.  I wish all of our ferrets would live this long.  Does anyone know the
average lifespan of the BFF kept in captivity?

Bruce