From:
"J. L. Brown" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Jan 1995 23:08:25 -0400
        Hi all, I've been lurking on this list for quite awhile now and
finally decided to introduce my family and ferret to all (hampered by my
connection having been down for a week - allowing me to experience the joys
of sifting through over 100 e-mail messages).  We (actually my brother, but
how can one man be enough for a ferret) are the proud owners of Kindjal,
a one and a half year-old sable ferret.  He is the craziest animal we have
ever owned, perpetually dancing around, chirping, and attacking any hapless
inanimate object that is even roughly ferret-sized!  From what I have picked
up ob this list, he's a very lucky weasel because he has the full run of our
house during the day, and a complete room to rampage in during the night.
My parents (who have been stuck with raising the grand-ferret since my brother
had to transfer to Ohio State, in non-ferret friendly Columbus, OH) have had
to wage an endless battle to keep him off our book-shelves and tables, but
I can tell that they're getting quite attached to him.
        I do have a serious question or two, though.  We think that Kindjal
may be abnormally small, from what we've read and pictures we've seen.
He's only 2.5 pounds and 18 inches long not including his tail.  He's quite
active and has a beautiful coat (though not a winter one yet!!??), and was
neutered at 6 months so that probably shouldn't have stunted him.  We did buy
him from a rather shady-looking backyard breeder, but his animals were
healthy and most importantly, had great dispositions.  Does anyone else think
he's small, and have an idea why?  Sorry about the length of this, but it's
great to talk about Kindjal to a crowd who's actually interested!
        Jessi Brown (I swear I put my gloves on this counter...), 8 irritable
cats, Diva the super-hamster (5 years old and still going), and Kindjal
(smelly weasel-thief extraordinaire)