Date:
Wed, 31 Jul 2013 15:07:52 -0700
I only have my cell phone so if it's stolen from Angus McBadger and
stashed somewhere in my house I have no way of calling it so I can
find it. So I found this free app to install that I can trigger from
my laptop - http://www.androidlost.com/#controls_Basic
It sends an alarm to the phone, cranks its volume up to max AND flashes
a light as well. The default sound is a siren but you can set it to
whatever sound you have on your phone. Even if your phone is muted
it'll put the sound on!

Here's an example of it being used. I'm sure there's similar apps for
i-Phones, etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wP1_rfqmG1k

It also enables you to track the GPS location of your phone, lock the
phone, erase the SD card, etc. if your phone is stolen.

Highly recommend and no, I don't get commission. Just thankful things
like this exist!