From:
Nancy Hartman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Tue, 9 Mar 1993 23:31:56 -0500
I was just on the phone with my vet, and he says that Bree could have
insulinoma.  (I've been crying and going over all the information I
have since then)  We haven't run any blood work yet, so I hope I'm
panicking unduly.  It's just that I've never been faced with a problem
that (if it's what she has) is most likely malignant.  I just can't
stop imagining myself coming home day after day without Bree running
out to meet me, desperate to be picked up to say "hello" and give
frantic kisses.

Anyway, what I want to know, from those of you who have been through
insulinomas and lympho, is what were the *early* signs.  All I can get
from the literature that I have is the more progressed symptoms.

Right now Bree has:
Hair thinning (but not in an adrenal tumor fashion)
some muscle mass loss
seems more lethargic than she used to be, doesn't play very much

She does NOT have:
loss of coordination
drooling
seizures
weakness in hind legs
sudden tiredness (i.e. stopping in the middle of the floor)
swollen vulva

Anyone recognize these symptoms?  Anyone have good news about an amazing
new procedure that cures insulinomas?

Well, I have to go into hysterics for a while...

Thanks,

- Nancy

Nancy Hartman                     CIS graduate student
[log in to unmask]                  U. of Delaware
        President and founder, Delaware Valley Ferret Club
          Owner of Percy, Bree, & Popcorn, the ferrets