From:
Jenny M Blanchard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Apr 1999 16:55:34 -0500
Last night (well, actually tonight when I write this) I was cooking some
bacon, and the plate that I put it on was full, so when I picked up the
plate, apiece of bacon fell onto the floor, which was promptly grabbed (the
bacon was, not the floor.  Although she sure did *shred* some floor as she
zoomed off to her hidey to eat her "treat")

Well, by the time I had the stove turned off, the plat eon the table, and
the grease off of the stove, she was taking the last bite of that thing!!
I've seen her gobble some food down, but never this fast!!

She kept begging me for some more as soon as my fork hit the dinner plate.
Is bacon (well-cooked, with the grease wiped off of it) okay for ferrets to
eat as long as it isn't hot?  Would the fat be supplemental for her fur if
I gave her a little bit each day?  I mean, I can practically eat the whole
pig, and I'm pretty small, so there's no telling how much *she* could eat!!

About the food-sticking:
Anybody remember when they were dumb enough to stick a whole tortilla chip
in their mouth?  And remember it sticking to the roof of your mouth?
That's basically what our ferts are dealing with here.  Either pieces too
large or odd-shaped to stick to the palate, or food that is about only 1/4
the size of the palate is what I would go for.  Also, suction can be a
major part in food sticking there, so "holey" food and thin food would
also be good here.  But I don't know about the thing with it getting
stuck between teeth, never happened to my fert before (that I know of)

Any advice, info, on the bacon thing? Thx!!

Jen and her piggish bacon-faced ferret, Pogo2, the Imposter

Jen- Pogo! That was the whole pound of bacon!!
Pogo- I know. It was good, huh? Oh, wait, that's right. I didn't leave
any for you. Can I have some more Mommy, Pleeeze, can I can I can I, huh
huh huh?? Pleeeze!