From:
Jennifer Hudson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 May 2000 18:15:57 -0400
Oh, Deb, what an appropriate name you've picked for yourself - Wormhole!!!

I encourage everyone to ignore the posting's by the wormhole.  This person
has been trying to cause problems for quite some time for several shelters,
Kista being one of the lucky targets.  No one asked (or begged) me to
post my challenge, it was done simply out of a desire to give back to the
shelters who give so much to others.  In my personal experience, one of the
two women who I've been lucky to have contact with and very proud to call
my friend is Kim Rushing of Kista.

Anyone questioning Kim Rushing or the Kista Shelter, should visit her
website on a regular basis.  If you doubt the wonderful work she is doing,
ask for references, call her vet and so on.  As for references, I would
like to give mine, to tell everyone how I came to know Kim Rushing.  Anyone
remember back around Xmas of 1998, all those postings about a shelter from
hell in Upper Darby, PA???  That person who stumbled into that horror was
ME.  I was horrified at what I saw and experienced, if you want the story,
One of the first people to offer support and advice was Kim Rushing.  She
gave me her phone number and address, told me to come whenever I wanted,
she wanted to reaffirm my belief in shelters, that most are wonderful,
loving places for the fuzzies.  Does this sound like someone who has
something to hide??  She kept in touch with me and only lost contact when I
changed jobs and the email address was no longer valid.  But as soon as I
was back online, there was Kim checking to see how things were going.  When
my Syd was sick last fall, she was the first to offer support.  She was a
wonderful friend and source of information, never minding when I needed to
call and ask a question.  When Syd died, she cried for the fuzz she had
never met, why???  because she knew how much I hurt at his loss.  When Jack
became ill with insulinoma on Easter, guess what I received overnighted??
A large bowl of chicken gravy from Kim.  These are the major points to
make, but there have been constant emails just checking in, funny things,
sad things, but she is always there.  I am quite proud to say she is my
friend and regardless of what trash is posted here, that won't change.

For everyone's information, the person posting this crap about Kista and
other shelters was thrown off the Ferret Store chat board for doing the same
there and causing fights and problems.  And if you clicked on the worm's
link, Kim admitted to smoking pot in the past, but hell we elect Presidents
who do worse!!!

Hugs to all,

Jen and Gang