From:
Kevin Gifford <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Oct 2005 09:47:33 -0500
I can understand if Ms. Jordan doesn't feel like answering every single
question about her operation on the FML.  So let's stick to her main
point.

Forget about air officials and so forth.  Wouldn't -we- be doing a lot of
the enforcement here?  I mean, isn't the whole idea behind this petition
to reduce the number of underage ferrets in pet shops?  If the USDA
passes the regulations most petitioners are suggesting, then seeing an
underage ferret at the pet store won't mean whining at the manager and
possibly getting the runaround ad nauseam -- it means we can make our
reports to a higher authority and actually expect something to come from
it.  Ideally, this would result in improved shipping practices and less
time spent by "ferret people" trying to correct the obvious.

That's the way I see it; it's another weapon for the kind of people who
already complain about this sort of thing.