From:
Russell Prater <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Feb 2002 15:51:54 -0600
>From:    "Jeremy T. Slater" <[log in to unmask]>
>
>I am a long time ferret owner... I took my 3 year old male (along with 3
>others) to get their annual distemper.  My male, Charlie, has had previous
>reactions.  We pre-med'ed him and yet he still had a gravely reaction to
>the distemper.
>
>Is there a point where it is just better NOT to bother with the distemper?
>Jeremy

Change your distemper vaccine.  There are two that are approved for
ferrets, United's Fervac-D and Merial's Purevax Ferret Distemper Vaccine,
and one other that a lot of vets use off label, Galaxy-D.  The Merial
Purevax is very new and has a very low rate of reactions.

--
Russ, Booger, Bonnie & Clyde

URA Redneck if you know the Dukes of Hazzard but not your Congressman.