Date:
Mon, 29 May 2000 22:05:50 EDT
Hi, We went to the pet store today,and one of the ferrets was soldduring
the week, and there was a new baby one.  They had a full bowl of food,
water and a clean tank.  The manager came over to us and I commented on
the ferrets having food and water for a change.  He said he actually
fired one girl because she wasnt doing her job.  He said we bugged him
enough and he realized the animals were not taken care of.  There is help
wanted sign in the window.  He also said he was brought to the store 2
months ago because it was not doing well.  We asked why the ferrets are
kept on hte floor where you cant see them although, they did have a sign
on front of the tanks today "ferrets, 119.00".  He said two baby ferrets
came in yesterday, and one sold right away, Well,we ending up buying
"Rosie" for 100.00, and she is now here with us.  I,ll continue to check
on the store .  I,ll have to work on him putting the ferrets in a cage
instead of a tank .  The first night we had Rosuie, she would not eat the
food we have,which is a mixture of Totally FERRET, iAMS KITTEN AND PROPLAN.
We called the store the next morning and they feed them Marshalls Farm
food.  My husband went to get a small container,which they gave us for free
when he explained the situation.  We quickly gave her a full bowl expecting
her to gobble it up, Instead, she sniffed it, pushed it around with her
nose and walked away.  about 3 minutes later, she was gobbling up the
TF,Iams,Proplan mixture.  I guess the Marshals food didn,t taste the
samewithout the sawdust from the tank mixed in!

Debbie