From:
kat parsons <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Jul 2000 16:57:34 -0700
here are the latest updates on charlie...
i am sorry i am having trouble remembering those who requested that i keep
them updated on charlie personally...today was not the best day i have
had...:)

7-15-00...Update
Charlie is having trouble peeing... have been getting less and less
urination for a few days... tried gently pressing his belly...per
instructions...just get 'dribbles' called the vet...he called in a
prescription for Augmentin 125... [Amoxicillin and Clavulanate]...a liquid
that smells 'banana-y'... give him 1 ML (CC) by mouth twice a day for 10
days.... at least he LIKES it!!!!...:) the vet says it sounds like a
urinary infection... poor charlie...:(

7-17-00...update
had to take charlie to the vet today...he still can not pee by himself...
and his bladder was still full...just little dribbles coming out...i was
worried...:) the vet expressed urine from charlie and tested it...it came
back fine... no infection...no nothing...perfect urine...LOL don't need to
continue antibiotics...

he said that it is as he suspected...it is neurological...either from the
severe inner ear infections...or from a trauma that we are unaware of...
[like falling in his cage or something]

he said he believes that charlie's situation is permanent and that i will
have to express his bladder 5-6 times a day...every day...for the rest of
his life...:)...[and that he already knew me well enough to know that i
WOULD!] there is no question about this...i/we will do it...charlie's eyes
are so bright and alive... he may not be able to pee...but he wants to
live...i see it in his eyes...

he may be going with me to the show in columbus in august, since i can't
leave him for a whole day and overnight...:)

HUGS!!!
kat...and my wonderful, supportive hubby, tom!
don't know what i would do without him...:)

=====
KITY=^..^=KAT... ( a.k.a. ...FuzzieMom ) and the krew...
Rascal, Sassy, Wolfie, Monkey(Shine), Meeja, Narmy, PopPye, Noodles (Slyk),
Charlie, Sandi-Mandi, Hope HollyHeart, & Edison!, "Lucky(13), and
Princess!!!!!
Remembering Marcel, LittleWhiteGirl & OldGuy...at the Bridge!
THE FERRETS' PAGE..."http://www.geocities.com/Petsburgh/2396"
Help Ferrets Unlimited Ferret Shelter...Use I-Give...