From:
"Stephanie Sheme - Ferrets Etc." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Mar 1996 22:52:21 -0500
Hi again, sorry I am back so quick.  Just a little sorry of survival and
herbs.  For a month I was talking to a man with a very sick ferret who had
adrenal surgery and stopped eating and was wasting away.  he could not get
her to eat.  So, last Sunday he was at his end and thinking of euthanasia.
I asked him to let me have her for a week and see what i could do.  I cryed
when I saw her, she did not even weigh a pound all her bones were showing
and she had ulcers all in her mouth and could not walk.  I though, please
herbs if you really do work, do it now!!

Well it has been 4 days and 5 nights Bailey and I have been fighting.  She
has been on Licorice root for her adrenals, chamomille because it stimulates
appeatite and settles stomachs, Mrryh that we rub on her mouth ulcers with a
q-tip, and echinechia for an antibiotic.  Plus Bach flower rescue remedy
once a day to settle her nerves and ease any pain.  Well I am glad to say
her ulcers are almost gone(all but one), she has gained at least a half a
pound, she can walk again and today she was trying to play tug the squeekie
toy out of my hand for 20 minutes.

She is a fighter and I am glad to say I think Bailey has won this battle,
lets pray she wins the war!!  between her inner strengh, herbs and force
feeeding my soup dishes she is doing great..  Yeah for herbal medicine and
an animals will, it sure has helped her.

Stephanie