From:
Linda Decelles <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Jun 2001 23:41:16 -0500
Way to go Lizette!  Good Job!

We are in Lawrence, Ks and our town has been having a major battle trying
to stop a By-Pass (that has really become a trafficway) from going through
our wetlands.  We live less than a 1/2 mile away and enjoy the wildlife
that live there.  Many of us us are asking that the road go south of the
river and wetlands, but the Kansas State Department of Transportation has
got it into their "so called heads" that they want it to go through the
wetlands.  "We are to not look at what we'll lose,we should be glad for
what we'll gain" as they are going to make new wetlands.  ?????

Linda
and Norman & the 7 fuzzy and sweet terrors:
Frisky, Sassy,  May, Rascal, Bandit, Saint Patrick (Paddy), and Mittens
from Lawrence, KS