From:
Deborah Micklea <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Jun 1995 21:34:32 -0400
My husband and I are proud to announce the "adoption" of our third ferret
baby, Pongo.  Our little boy is what we think will be a sterling silver (you
know how ferret colors go).  Pongo weighs .75 pounds and joins his 7 month
old brother Tygger and 7 month old sister Pooh.
Heehee, just had to do that!
Anyway, so far things seem to be going okay with socializing him with his bro
and sis.  I am not caging them together yet because Pongo has some growing to
do (I think he's only 6 weeks old).  Mostly the older two just sniff him.
However, today during supervised play time they started to grab him (with
teeth of course) by the scruff and pull him off to whatever spot they wanted.
 I've also seen them do the same thing with favorite toys-do they love him or
hate him?  They don't fight him or anything, just scruff him and pull him
off.
How long should I let this continue?  The funny thing is the baby almost
seems to *enjoy* it.  He baby cries frantically until they approach him, and
then makes cooing, douking noises on his dragging journey.  They aren't
breaking the skin on him.  I started to worry about this so I put bitter
apple on his neck, but the elder two just tried to find other ways to carry
him off!  What's up?
Also, he is the most vocal little baby I have ever heard.  SO unlike his
brother and sister.  He cries/screams to be picked up, to be fed, to play
with the others, etc!  He sounds like a cross between a guinea pig and a
bird.  Any one else had a baby like this?
Deborah