From:
adwyckoff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Jun 2000 10:13:02 CDT
We now have an 11 week old Siberian Husky(Ruby).  She has met the ferrets
through their cage and her cage ,no problems biting, but she likes to mouth
everything.  Should I get a muzzle for her to meet the ferrets face to
face?

She has met Spaz face to face or face to bottom.  Spaz bit the puppy so I
had to pull Ruby onto my lap.  The other meeting my husband said "Ruby has
one of the ferrets out of the cage".  Spaz (the escape artist) got out
herself and Ruby was just standing there looking at her.  I held Spaz and
let Ruby snif but she kept trying to pull Spaz's tail.  Ruby found a baby
bird that had been kicked out of the nest.  The first time she just stared
at it.  The next couple of times she grabbed it and tried to run from my
son but didn't try to kill the bird.  We put one baby back in the nest
twice and a second baby back twice.  The first baby we just found dead
this morning.  We used rubber gloves to keep our smell off but..  mother
nature is hard sometimes.  I'll tell how bad I can be.  My husband wasn't
motivated to get out of bed to but the baby bird back in it's nest so I
told him I would do it myself!  I'm 8 1/2 months Preg.  Can you just see a
short very Preg.  lady climbing a ladder!  He got right up and put the baby
in the nest.

Hope someone can help with introducing Ruby to the group.  Oh Ruby has met
the cats, they hiss, she charges then drops to the submissive stance then
tries to get them to chase her.  She doesn't chase them if they run off.

Thanks,
Angela