From:
Vesna Kovach <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Jul 1999 20:00:29 -0500
Great publicity for ferrets!  My article about alternative pets, which
lists ferrets among "domesticated mammals that are intelligent, responsive,
and well-suited to share the human home and heart," was just published in a
major Wisconsin newspaper.  Highlights include what fun pets ferrets are,
The Ferret Calendar, and even Tiffany Taylor's appearances in Playboy and
Modern Ferret.  And, of course, a plug for our local shelter and center
for ferret fun events, the Ferret Nook near Wisconsin's capital city of
Madison.  They ran a cute original drawing, too.  Though no real ferret
would be able to stay in that position for more than a second!

I've been an FML reader and a ferret owner since 1996.  I used to run the
Madison Pet Gazette, which some of you may remember.  Now that I'm a
freelance writer, one of my goals is to spread the word about our loveable
critters.  This article represents my first success getting a
ferret-related story into a mainstream publication.  More are in the
works-- wish me luck!

The newspaper, named Isthmus, is Madison's free weekly paper, similar to
the L.A.  Weekly or the City Paper.  Unfortunately, most of their stories
don't get posted on their Web site (www.isthmus.com).

So, if anyone from out of town wants to read the article, titled "Pet
considerations: Ferrets, rabbits, and rats make superb home companions,"
send me a self-addressed, stamped envelope.  I'll put a copy of the article
in the envelope and send it back to you.  Send the envelope to:

Vesna Kovach/FRR
402 Starling Lane
Madison, WI 53704