From:
Stephenie Baas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Nov 2003 17:05:40 +0100
Hi Brain

Angora ferrets are a product of man, bread from a mistake made by Mother
Nature.  Now we humans do like to manipulate so breeding mother natures
mistakes can give us lovely animals like the blaze ferrets, who are
consequently deaf, our interference just makes mother natures mistakes
worse, The real angora mother can not feed her own kits so some breeders
compensate by having a normal ferret have a litter at the same time, lets
say both mothers have 7 kits, that's to many for one mum so what do you
think the breeder does?  I know !, the original breeders in Switzerland
told me.  If you get an angora ferret you are stimulating the breeders
to breed more, Why can't we be happy with normal healthy ferrets and let
mother nature repair her own mistakes,

My 10 cents worth of frustration

Stephenie Netherlands