From:
"Sandra L. Fox" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Apr 2003 19:19:29 -0400
I just spent a pleasant weekend with Alicia and Dino from FerretWise.
Bruno needed adrenal surgery and my vet is on a six month maternity
leave.  I took him for the 9-hour drive to NH to see shelter mom and Dr.
Winnie.  Surgery went great, but he was *very* upset with both of us.
He narrowed his little eyes and gave us a look that could have struck
us down on the spot after he woke up.  He is now three days post-op and
is eating, drinking and walking around almost like normal.  Alicia and
Dino are gracious hosts and made feel very welcome and cared-for my
entire visit.

While there I got to visit with the shelter kids.  Hammie and Spats were
adopted out to new homes on Saturday.  They both looked very happy to be
going.  Spats actually told his new mommy that she was *going* to take
him home.  Alicia has done wonders with the fur kids.  Last time I was up
was almost two years ago.  A couple of kids who are permanent residents
are still there, but are much more mellow.  Marie and Annabelle didn't
bite her at all.  She said Jeremiah has mellowed alot-then handed him to
me (mostly asleep) to put in his play area.  I was startled and a little
concerned, so I quickly and gently put him in his play room.  As soon as
his feet hit the floor he realized I wasn't Alicia and looked at me as if
to say "Darn, I could have tasted you!" Some starved PetCo kids were fat
and sassy and gave lots of love.  I especially fell in love with Harry
and his special friend Curly.  If we didn't already have so many kids I
would have taken them home.  Unfortunatly, they are older and need to be
"only ferrets." It broke my heart to leave them.  Oh, well, I know they
are in the best of hands.

Alicia is getting ready to raffle off a beautiful quilt.  She is only
selling 250 tickets, so I'd encourage anyone who is interested to contact
her as soon as possible.