From:
"Holly S. DiMeglio" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Jun 1997 21:25:20 -0800
I am very, very saddened by the loss of my little girl, Kahlua, today.  It
was an accident that claimed her life, and one that could have and should
have been avoided.  I always lock the ferrets in their cage when we are away
from home, it's rare that they are out unsupervised.  However, today I was
running late for work and I just plain forgot to cage them.

My boyfriend came home from a two day trip this afternoon and found her.
Somehow a cupboard door that had been painted yesterday was proped up
against the wall had gotten knocked over and landed on her.  I don't know
how the door could have gotten knocked over, nor do I really want to think
about it cause I'm kicking myself hard enough as it is.  My boyfriend is
sure it was a quick death and that she didn't suffer long.  None the less, I
feel responsible in more ways than one.  Some days sure do suck.

The little boy (Oliver) watched my boyfriend pack up the little girls body
and leave the house.  For the next 10 - 15 minutes he layed down at the door
and would occasionally paw at it.  I'm convinced he knows.  This is so hard.

I am left with only one ferret now.  Don't think we'll be getting any more,
as I can't handle this death thing too well (We lost Tequilla in Dec.).

Holly