From:
Krystal Jackson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Jul 2005 21:11:15 EDT
Hi, I wanted to ask a question and perhaps this is best suited to be
asked to a vet but here it goes.

I was wondering why we don't use multi vaccines that have the parvo
vaccine in them?  From what I understand of ADV it is a parvo virus.  So
wouldn't the parvo shots help reduce infection or help the body build an
immunity to the vaccine.  Of course, nothing is a definite but I thought
this might be a good idea.

You have my permission to pass this post onto others who might be able to
answer me.  I just wasnt sure if this might be a good idea to give my
ferrets.  Are there sign effects that could occur or things I should
watch out for a multi vaccine or should I use only the parvo virus in
addition to testing and vaccinating for rabies and distemper?  Would
there be a reaction to Fervac, Galaxy or Purevax if giving in conjunction
with the parvo shot?  Please I want to do all I can and of course know if
there could be outlaying side effects in both fixed and breeder ferrets.

Thanks.

PS - Please feel free to send responses off list.

Thanks again.

Signed by the Kurious One