From:
Rebecca Stout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Feb 2006 19:50:34 EST
I got a call from a friend of a friend who's mother skipped town and
abandoned animals in the home.  Yeah, one was a ferret and not in too
bad a shape either ... just in dire straights in a very cold house.  I
said, "Sorry, no can do, good luck with that".  I have so much on my
plate.  I just want to stay stable.  I kinda have to be very selfish to
stay stable sometimes.

Anyway, Scott and Sean take off.  Good luck with that I yelled.  And
guess what was in Sean's arms when they came home?  "I'm so glad we got
him out of that bad house.  The heat was shut off." Sean says.  Frick.
I shot a look of death at Scott and ducked into another room.  He then
did an "intake" as I like to call them.  Scott accessed him, calmed him
down, cleaned him, clipped nails, gave him warm blankets, decent litter,
toys, and fixed him all up.  His legs are in sorry shape, anti-social
(but very sweet and mild), and loosing a little hair.  Looks to be 2-3
years at the most.  Underdeveloped a tad.  Looks like Path Valley but
he has a loooooong long face ... unusual for their boys.  God.

As I typed on the computer I heard Scott talking to himself.  "Can you
believe this?  Walmart new deli cat sh*t?  They're using clay!  Can you
believe this?"

"Scott ..... we used to use clay 15 years ago when we didn't know about
pellets (if they even had them) and had no money."

"Too skinny.  Poor thing.  Look at these nails.  Nnnt.  New Deli sh*t.  I
hate that sh*t.  She cleaned this sh*t up before I came and got him so I
wouldn't see how bad it was.  I can tell.  I can tell she made it look
like he was cared for.  It's so obvious!"

"Mom, don't be too mad at dad, I was the one that leaned over and whisper
to him that he was in bad shape and that he should get him out of there
or he would die with someone else."

"New Deli and sh*t.  I cant' believe this.  Poooooor baby, hold still ...
just doing your ears ..."

Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh.  My ears are bleeding.

So anyway, today Sean said, "I can't believe we got a ferret from that
place."

"Yeah, Sean you did a real good thing."

"What's that place again?"

"What do you mean what's that place again?"

"Pakistan?  Was that it?  He's from that special place ..  Pakistan
right?"

"Not exaaaaaaaaaaaactly.  More like "Path Valley" ... in Pennsylvania."

"... oh."

Wolfy

http://www.wolfysluv.com
Sean and Rocky Slide show