From:
"Beth A. Plodzik DVM" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Jan 1999 01:26:56 EST
Just to put in a good word for Jack Hanna.  My parents, sister, brother-in-
law and 2 year old niece were staying in a resort inn in Northern Vermont
this summer.  One night as they ate dinner my mother noticed Jack Hanna
sitting at a table across the room.  After their dinner was done, they had
to walk past his table to leave the restaurant and my mother couldn't help
stopping and saying how much she enjoyed all his work with animals and the
things she had seen on tv.  He stood and talked to the whole family for a
while being especially nice to my little niece.  He gave them autographs
and asked for their addresses.  About a week later, a huge package came in
the mail with a couple of books with information about him, the Columbus
Zoo, and about some of the different type of animals he deals with.  Also
includes was a video tape for children about animals and a personal note
saying it was nice meeting them and he was glad they liked his work.

Sorry, I couldn't add anything to his anti-ferret discussion but just
wanted you to know there is a good side to him too.  Beth