From:
Erika Murphy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Dec 1996 13:05:54 EST
Shoe-Stealing: this is Camille's favorite activity. Any size shoe is a shoe
to be reckoned with. She will usually take them to her hidey-hole behind
the couch and stash them away. When the hidey-hole reaches shoe-saturation,
she'll still stash them in the best she can, creating a huge mound of shoes
at one end of the sofa. If I want to entertain guests, all I have to do is
take all the shoes from behind the sofa and put them in the middle of the
room. We watch as she drags them with her mouth, one by one, back behind
the couch. I've pretty much given up on keeping my shoes in the closet...in
the morning when I get ready for work I just pull the couch forward to get
my shoes. (One of the top ten ways you know you're owned by a ferret!)

And she doesn't steal socks. Go figure.

A question for everyone:

Camille is *itchy*. She doesn't have fleas. Someone mentioned trying
Ferretone, but she doesn't like it. Someone else mentioned a main and tail
conditioner (for horses) that works on ferrets, but where do I get that?
Does anyone else know of skin conditioners that work on ferrets? Camille
appreciates the advice.

Many thanks for all the info that I get from the FML, and special thanks to
BIG, who must be either quite dedicated or totally insane to keep up with
this list. ;)

Dooks,

Erika, the frazzled human
Camille, the twistin' ferret
Melody, the chirpin' bird
Haag & Ribka, the piggy goldfish
Sweet William, the ferret-wannabe kitten

"Ask not what your ferret can do for you, but what you can do for your ferret."

----John "Ferret" Kennedy, Jr.

(With apologies to the late President)