From:
Date:
Sat, 4 May 2002 11:36:10 -0400
Oh my GAWD!  What a super busy week this was!  We took in George & Dana
this week.  George is so skinny and has no hair.  He's almost 7 (so is
Dana) and we took him in for a Lupron shot and blood work (he's
anemic)...Then Poppy & Opium came to the shelter.  Poppy is an albino who
is nervous but Opium is TERRIFIED!  She is biting real hard right now, but
auntie Paige is taking her for a week before she leaves on her camping
trip.  Once she's been with auntie Paige for a bit, she'll be fine.  Both
girls are in heat so they will have to be spayed this week.

On Saturday, we took in 7 ferrets.  2 unaltered males and 4 unaltered (in
heat) females with 1 spayed female.  All were infested with fleas real
bad.  This leaves us with 6 spays and 2 neuters <urgh> Sherlock Flea was
neutered this week.  He's doing great and now gets along with our big run
group.

On Sunday, we'll be taking in Loki, a fear biter from a pet store.  He's
already about 7 months old and has never been handled by people.  We're
also taking in a former resident, Zeus who's mom just had a baby and also
is very ill.  She's finding it really hard to cope with her illness, a new
baby and a ferret.

On Monday, we'll have to drive to Midland which is about 2 hours away from
the shelter to pick up a little one from Animal Control out there.  On
Tuesday we'll be taking in Nala, a 1 1/2 year old who's dad is moving and
can't take her with him.....a total of 15 ferrets in LESS than 1 week!

i went to Guelph with Dylan this week.  i'm doing great.  the doc says
he's real impressed with me!  Dylan has chronic inflammation in his
throat, but no infection.  the doc *thinks* he has allergies so we'll be
trying him on some Benadryl to see if it helps.

Scamper was adopted this week and so was Rodney.  Scamper *may* be coming
back though :-(

Saturday we did our "spring clean up"!  We painted the ferret room (i
helped too, i swear!) and took all the cages outside to give them a good
scrubbing......boy, what a busy week we had!!!

Love, Harley "Bug"

Randy Melanie Belair
President
The Ferret Aid Society
"For The Love of Our Fuzzy Friends"
http://www.ferretaid.org

Everything is okay in the end.  If it's not okay, then it's not the end.