From:
Gerri Himberger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Dec 2011 12:03:57 -0800
As of this posting, right now, there are 204 ferrets needing Santa's.
That is a huge decrease from what was there, especially with the three
new trees being added last night. Sigh. Good job everyone!!!!!!! If we
can just make a huge push to get them all Santa's, and please also
remember that if you do commit, please follow through -- it hurts
everyone when their little one was so excited to have a Santa only to
not get a gift after all. If we can send as little as $5 0r 10 dollars-
that would make a large difference -- if everyone did it, and wouldn't
be such a huge impact on us individually, and we could get mare ferrets
helped rather than concentrating on the larger gifts. Also, please
consider the oldsters when making your choices, they may not have
another Christmas on the tree, Please also look at the smaller
shelters -- the larger shelters may be posting 20 ferrets and getting
all Santa's while the little shelters may only be posting 5 or 8 and
getting 1. Personally, I try to keep it as fair as I can, with the
resources I have. If a shelter did not say Thank you in past years and
it hurt you, please try a different one -- there are plenty to choose
from, and most are so very appreciative of the goodwill we show their
little charges. Please just pick, however you make your determination,
just pick.

On another note, Miss Troy Lynn, who has picked several dozen by this
time, has just has what I am calling a shipment of Japenese ferrets
arrive at her house. Their mom deployed, and was most upset at having
to leave them, and thankfully, Troy lynn stepped up and offered to keep
the entire group together, a mighty large group. No, they do not act
like our benevolent little Marshalls (shades of Rainbow), nor were they
ever abused or negleted in any way -- quite the opposite they were very
loved. They do not lack for confidence (or size). They are fitting in
well and have decided that no intruders may enter the Eckart household.
Attack ferrets, one might say. A very interesting dynamic. Oh, and they
bite.

Happy Picking to all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~Gerri
 .....Because Nice matters.