From:
"William L. Beckerson" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Oct 1996 02:50:50 UT
A short story...
While I am deeply engrossed in a home improvement project in my garage 4
days ago a startling event occurred.  I felt this thing sniffing around my
ankles...low and behold...this tiny little furry thing was trying to crawl
up the leg of my jeans.  After I gathered my wits scattered all over the
garage by this little fur ball, I realized it must be a ferret.  What in the
world would this fur ball be doing wandering about outside, I wondered.  I
knew that some people kept them as pets but I knew nothing about the ferret
world.

Excited...I called my 13 year old daughter thinking she would love to see a
real ferret (she always talks about them).  Needles to say, she fell in love
at first sight.  To make a long story short...we called the police dept.
and reported the little critter found and they entered this info into there
lost and found log book.  To this day we have had no calls from anyone
missing a pet ferret...so...she or he (its hard to tell when the fur ball is
so small) is rapidly becoming part of the family.  Frosty (our 23Lb white,
deaf cat) seems to take to him or her very well.

By the way, how can you tell when they are so young?

I thank all of you for the information on this web sight concerning the care
of this critter ("it" was skin and bones, scraggly looking and sick when
"it" first scattered my wits) and the info I needed to bring it back to its
energetic, curious self.

What a nut "it" is turning out to be...
Thanks again,
Bill