From:
Fred A Hurd <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Sep 2003 23:04:14 EDT
Hey FMLers.

I have read a couple of posts having to do with what to feed sick frets.
Well here is my two cents worth.  I got this basic recipe from my friend
Carole in Vriginia.  She calls it slop which it is but I have started
calling it Liquid Ferret Restorer which it is also.

2.5 cups of Chicken and Rice ProPlan kitten kibble/ Or (or and..  your
    choice) ground chicken or turkey boiled in small sauce pan added with
    the water you boiled it in..)
1 medium bannana,
2 cups of grape flavored Walmart brand pedilyte
2 scoops of Allsoy dry milk powder (make sure it is Allsoy)
1  large jar of  baby food sweet potatoes.
a good squeezee of Ferretone.
1-  8 oz can of Ensure vanilla High Protein drink.

First blend the kibble and or the meat in a blender, then add the
pedilyte, the Alsoy and the ensure.  Blend awhile then add the bannana
and the sweet potate.  Add the ferretone, and continue to blend.  This
stuff has to be well blended for about ten to fifteen minutes.  You may
have to add a bit of water.  I use Spring water as our tap water is a bit
on the yucky side.  This will make a whole blender (about two quarts)
full of ferret restorer.  Keep in the fridge.  If you use meat in the
reciepe then you may have to freeze it.  To use just warm it up for a bit
in the mircowave.  WARNING!!!!  Always check the temperature of the slop
BEFORE you try to feed it to lil fuzzy.  This stuff gets heated up real
quickly and will burn fuzzy's lil pink tongue if you are not careful.

Feed Fuzzy at least two or three times a day.  You may have to dip your
finger in it at first to get Fuzzy to try it but then watch out.  You
just may have produced another slopaholic if you aren't careful.  NOTE It
is my personal experience that a fret that is held by it's human will eat
much more than one who is put on the floor to eat by itslef...Check this
out folks, it's true!!  I have also fed this basic recipe to sick cats, a
dog and even a rat once.  It works.  I have used this recipe many times
and it HAS BEEN A LIFE SAVER!!!  Try it and see.

Best regards
Fred Hurd

After all it Is For The Ferrets!!!