From:
Caitlyn Martin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Apr 2002 12:56:08 -0500
Hi, Tracy, and everyone else,

Yes, a swollen vulva without any hair loss *could* be adrenal disease.
My Romana never lost any hair, but a large tumor was in her left adrenal
gland anyway.  The good news: surgery done by a skilled ferret vet on an
otherwise healthy ferret almost always cures adrenal disease.  My Ker
Avon had his left adrenal gland removed in February, 2000, and has had no
symptoms since.  Five of my other ferts have had adrenal surgery and Podo
will have his next Tuesday.  All came through their surgeries OK.

All the best,
Caity