Date:
Mon, 4 Feb 2002 21:06:22 -0800
I read every day and learn a lot, but rarely take the time to post.
However, I just had to share this story with the group.  I'm sure you
will appreciate it.

I have 2 butterscotch brothers - Notch and Nipper - and a sable female -
Jo-Jo.  Notch and Nipper are pretty curious and love to explore and play,
but Jo-Jo is definitely the more mischievous one.  Recently Jo-Jo has
decided that she likes to chew on the black strap things on her tent - the
ones that hold the tubing together to make the frame.  I'm trying to teach
her to take better care of her things, but it's not so easy.  "NO!", "NO
NO BAD FERRET!", and a few others just didn't do the trick, so I resorted
to that horribly disgusting stuff called "Bitter Apple." One spray means
no more biting, at least untill the "Bitter Apple" wears off.  I think
Jo-Jo must have been keeping an eye on me - you know - watching where I
get the bottle from and keeping her eyes on it and watching to see where
I put it.  There is a dresser in their room that is 3 drawer s wide 3
drawers deep.  I thought (past tense!) that this was a good place to store
some of their things, including the bitter apple.  However, last night,
when I reached in to get something else out of the drawer where I keep the
bitter apple, I discovered that my sweet little Jo-Jo left me a little
message.  It seems that she wanted me to know what she thought of my
bitter apple!  There, in the drawer, among various other ferretty things
was my 8 ounce bottle of bitter apple covered with poop!!!  She HAD to
have done that!  I am absolutely positive she did it!  almost nothing else
had poop on it, but that bottle was covered!  I think she planned it!
That little fuzzy butt of hers watched and me and learned where I put the
stuff and waited until I left the house and figured out how to climb in,
under, around, thru, or however, and pooped on the bitter apple!!!
Needless to say, after an extensive cleaning of all of those drawers,
their stuff has been moved elsewhere - unreachable by ferrets!

No matter what they get into, they all find a way to make me smile and
laugh every day!  I love them dearly!  I am adopting 2 more little ones on
Thursday - let's hope Jo-Jo doesn't teach these girls her naughty tricks!

Dooks to all!
Connie