From:
Julie Barnhill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Jul 2003 17:26:33 EDT
Hello- First my condolences to all who have lost or who have sick babies.
It is hard to keep up with all the cards to go out, so here is 1 for
everyone out there.  I have been trying to keep up the reading of the
FML and it gets a little hard considering all that goes on.

I recently read about introducing cats to ferrets, and i wanted to
comment.  I recently adopted 2 kittens.  They are both 3 months old, and
very facinated with the babies.  Climbing on the cage to get a closer
look, standing on the outside of the cage putting paws in through the
slots, pretty much antagonizing them.  Well my older kids were introduced
and everything was fine.  No fighting, nothing.  My kids went 1 way, and
the kittens werent to impressed with them so they went the other way.
Needless to say that was the old group.  Yesterday was a different story.
My young group, had taken all they could of the paws and harrasment, and
1 of my 4 lb babies, bit the girl kitten on the head.  She went to run
away and acted as thou she went into a seizure.  Fell on the floor on her
side, and began to shake.  I freaked out.  She was fine, no wounds and
began to play after the incident, but I now know that they will not be
playing together anytime soon.

Another story.  We recently moved into a "ferret friendly" apt.  YEAH,
and my neighbors have been meeting my kids, as they walk by and I am
holding one outside talking a another neighbor.  After a couple of
passes, the neighbor asked me if I had prairie dogs?  I said no, they
are ferrets.  He looked confused as if not to believe me.  I guess he
has never seen a ferret or a prairie dog, as to me they look nothing
alike.  Maybe I am blind.  I dont even think they are closely related,
right?  Just checking.

Anyway, I will end this for now, but hope all went well for everyone's
4th of July and that everyone had peace and harmony.  Sukie, missed the
beginning of the story about chicklet.  Please let me know what happened
to her.  Poor baby, I saw her slide show, and she looks happy to at least
be home.

Have a dookin' good day.
Julie