From:
Dick Bossart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Apr 1995 11:48:30 -0400
Carla,

That was a close call.  We experienced two similar reactions, one with IMRAB
given a a rabies clinic; the second with Galaxy - D which we administered.
 We had no Epinephrine on had but did have Childrens' Benadryl which we gave
right away.  You make an excellent point about remaining at the clinic/vet's
for at least 30 minutes.

If anyone goes to a "rabies clinic" I'd strongly recommend that they ask
first if they have Epinephrine on hand before the vaccination is given.  If
they don't, go elsewhere.  We've been hearing about a lot of reactions to
IMRAB, but it's the only show in town, and if that is withdrawn from the
market like PRORAB was last year because of reactions, we're really going to
have problems *everywhere*.

Dick B.