From:
Date:
Mon, 18 Oct 1999 23:04:55 EDT
Hello to all,
I just wanted to let everyone know that I have put up a Ferret Halloween
Gift pack on e-bay.  its is in the ferret catagory, item #182740276.  it
is filled with great stuff for you and your ferret.

I will be putting more ferret items up on e-bay to help pay the vet bills.
I got in more ferrets this weekend and 2 need surgery.  some of the items
that will be going up are collectables, that are just collecting dust and
not doing anyone any good!

Also I collect old animal books, and I will be parting with some of those,
one will be the Ferret Facts And Fancies book, a cool old book!  I'll let
you all know when they go up for auction.

I feel that I have been asking more than my fair share of help but I have
no other choice but to close the shelter down.  i don't want to do this as
I take a good number of ferrets out of California.  i'm sorry if it seem
that I'm being greedy, i'm not really, just trying to keep afloat.

My job cut me back on hours, so I have to find another but I need benifits
to help pay for my medications, also my job is great cause if I have a
problem with the ferrets my boss lets me go and take care of it.  i just
can't make ends meet though.  I have sacrificed so much for the ferrets
and i don't want to turn my back on them now.  I found my precious old
horses a home because I felt the money needed for them could better help
the ferrets, I do miss them but they are in a great home now.

I almost lost my son over the ferrets also, he said that the ferrets are
consuming our lives and he couldn't take it anymore.  he was going to go
live with my mother but i told him I would close the shelter if it meant
losing him.  I thank god that we came to an understanding and he is still
here with me.

i guess what I'm trying to say is that i give all i can and i do fel guilty
asking for help so much, but I do believe things will get better in time.
I look at these sweet little fuzzmonster, sock stealin, cornor poopin,
medical nightmare, biting, kissing carpet sharks and i find the strength to
go on.  i have been blessed to have some wonderful folks that have helped
out the shelter and continue to amaze me everyday with their kindness and
generosity.  I sometimes get jealous of the shelters that have big
funraisers, auctions, picnics, and i hope in the future I can do the same
and give something back to all that have been there for my babies.

Well sorry to ramble, feelin a little low tonight, but tomorrow is another
day, more poop!!!!

If anyone is interested in helping with the medical bills comming up,
please e mail me privately and i will send you my vets addy.

Again, thanks to all on this list and to BIG for allowing this forum to be
here for us ferret lovers!

Goodnight,
CJ
24 Carat Ferret Rescue And Shelter
"where ferrets are treated like gold"

P.S. My wonderful son just brought in a very small dirty, hungry,kitten
crying out in the yard!!!!  Maybe the kitty thought i would think he was
a ferret!  I will care for him just the same, even though he isn't.