From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 May 2000 09:14:07 -0400
ferrets.

My name is Sandy and I AM a Ferret-addict.  I have 8 ferrets, and yes I
do spend alot of time cleaning up after them.  I do find it difficult to
figure out who is sick when there is diarreah in the litter box.  When that
happens I usually start following them around or sit and wait when they
first wake up to check their poop.  Then if I'm still unsure of who is sick
I will put 1 or 2 in a cage by themselves.  I recently had this problem and
it did take a while to figure out who was sick.  This is a big draw back
to having a large number of ferrets who are not caged very often.  I spent
alot of time observing and following the suspected sick ferret around.  It
did take a while to adjust to this number, I felt a bit overwhelmed at the
beginning, but I have adjusted.

As far as giving them individual attention goes, I spend alot of my time on
the floor playing with them and they are not always all awake at the same
time so whoever is looking for attention I try to be sure they get it.
Most of the time they just check on me then go off to playing with the
others, I only have a couple that will sit next to me to be petted for a
long period of time.

[SI]