From:
Forgewizard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Oct 2008 13:21:18 -0400
Hehe,

I have my own butter luvin ferrt - Roman! Butter has been an excellent
tool to help him get over his penchant for chomping noses and toeses!
But as ferrets do, he has moved on to alternative tastes. He is now on
a Mayonnaise kick!

Roman came to me a ferret improperly introduced to human hands, so his
response was to chomp first, nevermind questioning why!

Many piercings later and several ounces of blood lost he will now allow
himself to be picked up and even cuddled; and is even more willing to
do so if butter or mayonnaise is handy!

He scorns ferretone, ferret lax and most other so called "ferret
approved" delights. This Sunday (as all Sunday's are in my house)
was their weekly nail trimming day. Seems natural fed, free roaming
ferret's nails grow exceptionally fast! Everyone else goes nuts for
the ferretone and except for the first squirm as the cool liquid hits
their belly, they all settle quietly while I nip their long claws.

Not so with Roman! No, Roman is a "special" ferret! He has worked all
week to keep his lovely coat in tip top shape and will NOT suffer it
to become slathered in any oily substance! Unless that substance is
mayonnaise! Thankfully his taste for the white stuff is still at
generic brand level and hopefully will NOT become a gourmet
requirement! A two finger dip of mayo spread upon his belly and inner
thigh will keep him occupied long enough for me to trim all his claws.

The others don't think the mayo is quite as tastey- they'll taste test
it, but would much prefer the normal "ferret tested" tone.

Of course Roman's requirement for mayo may be one reason why his coat
IS so glorious!

Cheers!,

Kim