From:
Kim Wolf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Feb 2001 13:32:19 -0800
FWIW: I bred the litter's mother BEFORE the shelter ferret went into
season.Sheck with my club members who I discussed it with at the time if
you doubt my word.I'm honest enogh to tell you everything as it is, I
didn't hide anything.Yes, my rescues come first, they didn't need anything
at the time.The week after I bred the mother ferret, Siggy came in season.I
do not check an otherwise healthy supposedly spayed 10 month old ferret's
vulva unless I feel moisture when holding, notice odors, or odd colors in
the litterbox.  I'm not responsible for her original botched surgery.

Had I NOT already shcheduled 2 dogs in for neutering(yes, I rescue them
too-I have a whole LITTER of rescue pupies, born to an unkowingly pregnant
mother dog I rescued,last september.I have housed them, loved them and fed
them all this time.  I treated them as though I had intentionally bred
them, and had dewclaws removed,vet visits, fully vaccinated etc.They are
fed premium foods too, just like my own animals AND shelter ferrets.I have
placed 2 of the 6 surviving pups.  'Scuse me, but that's EXPENSIVE when
they go thru 40 lbs of dog food per week.Because I have rescued other
peoples' animals, it puts ME in financial hardship.When I thought things
were going good and I had some money put by, I decided it was an OK time to
breed this particular ferret.Honestly, the breeding went very well, and
other than a few nutritional suppliments, it hasn't been too expensive.  I
used the money I put by to neuter 2 dogs because the mother jill didn't
need a c-section.  Since Idecided to breed, it doesn't mean I don't crank
th em out.  I do it for myself first, and will place any who don't meet my
own criteria.  I carefully keep my own budget.I'm not a waster.  I spend
infinitely more on the shelter critters than I would if i had only my own.
I'm sorry if you feel I'm wrong, but you don't know me, and I hardly do
anything for myself.I do not buy myself things, to the point my mother
drags me out shopping twice a year to get me some new clothes(she's the
fashion police) because Iwill spend on my son or my furbabies and not
myself.I cannot predict that a shelter ferret who is healthy and had been
vet checked would suddenly have a heat cycle.I am not asking for free money
for greed, I'm asking people to donate and in essence buy a hammock or
sleepsack to help a ferret.I'm asking it be sent to the vet so folks know
their money is going where I say.  I posted their address and phone number
if you want to check out the story of the surgery with our vet.I might
write more later, this post is getting long.

kim

==
Kim Wolf, Mystyx Samoyeds,MFX Ferrets, and Ferret Rescue.Member Critter
Haven  East Region.
Visit our Websites:
www.petfinder.org
www.geocities.com/mystyx_samoyedsnferrets