From:
Michael Schieman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Nov 1996 23:46:32 EST
Thank you for the nice letters about the story.  I'm happy that it has
touched you in the way that it has.  The writing of it has also touched me -
many of my angers and sorrows have fallen by the wayside during the writing
of it.  Christmas is a very powerful thing.

I must apologize for the many typos that are in the story.  The only time I
have to write lately is long after the time that I should be in my wee
trundle bed with Mee Maw and The Guys.  My fingers and eyes go to bed long
before I do.  I'll get the story polished up before it's reposted on
Christmas Eve.

I hope to have the corrections made in a few days so that those of you who
have requested permission to reprint it will have a *cleaned up* copy.  BTW,
I've decided that you should pay for doing so.  Do something nice for
someone who is not expecting it.  Perform a random act of kindness, then the
story will be yours to do with as you wish.

Many much loves,

Paw Paw