From:
donna stickrod <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Feb 2010 18:41:16 -0800
Please, I've never done this before, as this is my first ferret to
cross the bridge. The pain I feel at this moment is like none I have
ever felt. My heart has been ripped from my chest and only a hole
remains. My heart had a name and it was Bud. He left suddenly, so short
was his time on this earth. I was his Mom for a time, but loved him
with all my heart. For the last eight months he and his 5 remaining
cagemates have lovingly been cared for by my angel on earth-Marlene
Blackburn at Richmond Ferret Rescue League. My back surgeries and
health problems left me unable to care for my fur family any longer.
She opened her heart and her ghome to us without hesitation. Thank
you so much Marlene for caring and loving Bud.

Lymphoma is always horrible, especially when it strikes one so young.
Bud was always a small little sable guy with a hugh heart. I can't pass
the door to the laundry room where his cage was without seeing him
there, pacing at the side of the cage, begging for my attention-just a
stroke with a finger is all he wanted. How I wish I could give him one
now. I swear the weasel never slept, he was always awake and He was a
loner. I rescued him from a family givng him away on Craigslist, but
he never got along with other ferrets. He always came out to play with
them, but always slept alone. Please, see that he has someone to be
with now that he is at the Bridge, I never could stand the thought of
him being alone. I thank God that Marlene was with him when he passed
and he passed quickly. I only hope he remembered how much I loved him
and how sad and sorry I am that I was not there to comfort him in his
journey.

He loved to steal his dad's socks-his work sox-only after they were
folded and turned inside out with each other. He loved the white load
of laundry and dug through it looking for those sox! His other favorite
thing to do was steal his sister Scarlet's toys, (especially her tennis
ball) and hide them. She would bring them back and he would take them
away again. He especially loved his red stuffed Elmo.

He will be waiting at the bridge for his brothers Rhett and LeStat
and his sisters Scarlet, Flower and Lola. Tell him I will one day be
there looking for him and I can't wait to hold him again, I have never
forgotten him or his siblings for one second since they left me. I miss
them so much and cry for them still, now I'm crying for another reason.
Fly High My Little Bud Man.

All my Love,
Momma Donna

missing Rhett, Scarlet, Lola, Flower and LeStat
Aunt to Mozeltoff and Timmy
and now Bud at the Bridge