From:
Debbie Whorley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Jun 2005 22:28:52 -0400
We're not sure exactly why we've been blessed, but, out of 11 ferrets, we
have not had one that loves keys and tries to hide them or has attempted
to destroy the sofa under or behind the cushions.  They will get behind
the cushions occasionally and scratch.  We pull them out and put them on
the floor and they almost always go running away to the next adventure.
They just discovered the remote recently, well two of them did.  They
leave it alone most of the time, but every few days or so they decide
it's time to chew the next rubber button.  They give us just enough time
in between for us to let down our guard and begin leaving it on the sofa
again.  They have clawed through the batting underneath the box springs
of a bed.  We just pulled the batting off.  For some reason, they haven't
even attempted to try it on a bed we got over a year ago.  They did claw
a nice hole under the loveseat.  We nailed a sheet of pressed wood onto
it.  They haven't tried to claw holes under the chair or sofa, thank
heavens!  The only thing that could possibly help, I think, is that every
box or bag that is destined for trash or recycling gets put on the floor
for them to investigate and play in first.  They always have something
new like that to dig in.  Every time we go to the store, they get to root
through the bags before we put the stuff away (we remove food, clothing
and anything harmful, of course).  I carry a tote bag to work every day
with my lunch in it and anything else I may need.  Every evening, they
come running when I get home because I set the tote bag on the floor and
let them root through it.  Most days, our champagne, Teddy, meets me at
the bottom of the stairs so he can root through it first, while I'm
dipping from litter pans and cleaning up after them in the foyer.

Just wanted to share!
Debbie Whorley