From:
Crowley Cabal <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Jul 1995 20:32:19 -0400
   Hello All!
   Well...it took a long time, but all those posts reassuring me the
Finnegan & Tiki would someday get along have proved correct..sort of.
    Finn had Tiki so terrified that Tiki would run & hide from toys that
smelled like him!  I let them out at the same time just once.  Finnegan
literally scared the #$!@ out of Tiki...which wasn't enough, as he then
proceeded to pee all over my roomate's bed!
    But persistance pays off.  Well, I did cheat a little bit...  I taught
Tiki his ferret-karate katas.  Several times a day, while I have been
pet-sitting Tiki, I would take Finn out of his cage, asleep, and scruff him.
I would then put Tiki into proper combat position (which he would promptly
try to extract himself from) with his mouth near Finn's neck.  [Finn didn't
like that too much].  Tiki would lick Finn's ears & neck for several minutes
before attempting the proper chomping procedure.  [Finn liked that even
less!]
    Well, last night, we had our first real spar.  Instead of running away
as usual when Finnegan went after him, Tiki promptly turned around & started
getting Finn back!  Finnegan was so shocked that he quickly ran for cover.
I even got them to nap together for a little while...until they started
trying to push each other out of bed!
    Now they dook & chuckle together, instead of Tiki screaming whenever
Finn was within 5 feet of him.  I think the rest of this week is actually
going to be fun -- playtime in shifts definitely is not!

   Hopefully, this treaty will stop Finn from attacking Tiki's owner, as well!

Until next time,
Elfyr &
Finnegan (hey-- he wasn't suppose to fight back!!  it's just not right!)
& Tiki (don't make me angry-- you won't like me when I'm angry!)