From:
"Lisa McManus (ISG)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Apr 2000 08:53:00 +1200
Thanks to everyone who e-mailed me regarding the dangers of ferrets under
washing machines.  I realise this is a problem, as with ferrets and anytype
of household appliance (although mine do have a particular penchant for the
vaccuum cleaner).  Rest assured that the only time they are able to get
anywhere near the washer is when the door is open, ie to put in/take out
washing, so there is no chance they are in there when it is going.  I keep
a good eye on both of them around the kitchen/laundry but this time they
must have escaped me as I didn't even realise that is where Stella had
been.  We normally keep them out of these areas, as mentioned.  Once I saw
she had the rubber ring I took it straight off her, although she wasn't
eating it, rather just carting it around, showing it off to her sister.
Despite all my best efforts, I'm afraid to admit, sometimes the ferrets