From:
Travis Livieri <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Dec 2007 15:44:01 -0700
I want to thank EVERYONE in the ferret community for supporting
black-footed ferret recovery through online adoptions, t-shirts, and
letters of support when needed. Your continued passion, interest and
generosity is making a difference in bringing back your native cousin,
the black-footed ferret.

Did you attend the IFC symposium in Portland? Do you remember me
talking about my friend Larry in Kansas? I am proud to say that Larry,
a private landowner in Logan County (western KS), now has black-footed
ferrets occupying his land. A few nights ago black-footed ferrets were
reintroduced to Kansas after an absence of more than 50 years and many
ferret moms & dads were instrumental in their support. You can read
more about the BFF release in KS at:

http://www.hdnews.net/Story/Ferrets122007

or

http://www.fws.gov/mountain-prairie/species/mammals/blackfootedferret/

And we have black-footed ferrets at Wind Cave National Park in South
Dakota!

It's been a great year for black-footed ferrets and 2008 will be even
greater! A very Merry Christmas to you and your fuzzies!

And finally, thanks and happy anniversary to BIG for bringing us the
wonderful FML everyday!

Cheers,
Travis Livieri
Prairie Wildlife Research