From:
"Kurt D. Springs" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Sep 1995 23:38:31 -0400
First, to the person interested in limits on ferrets.

Manchester New Hampshire has no limit on the number of ferrets one may have.
Infact, I don't know of any place in New Hampshire where that would be the
case.

Second, to Brian:

I'm sorry about the loss of Sandy.  I think your boss is wrong.  I know he
meant well and told you not to get attached to an animal to protect you from
being hurt.  But you both should consider this.  One of the worst feelings
people have about dying is the fear that they won't be missed.  That someone
won't care enough to remember them once they go over the rainbow bridge.
Many zoo animals aren't as lucky as Sandy.  They pass over the bridge, and
life goes on down here.  It's like they never existed, and they made no
mark.  Sandy's death left a mark on your life.  Probably one of many more to
come, for we all lead a mortal existance.

Hold Sandy's memory as one holds a treasure, for that is what it is.  For a
time, it will hurt.  I know it did when Paddington died.