From:
Stillkicn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 May 1998 12:48:05 EDT
I have found the answer to the problems with midwest cages.  I order custom
floor from For Ferrets Only.  It was easy to install and only cost 12
dollars + shipping and handling.  It is made to the exact size and comes
with ladder hole already cut in it.  It really makes a big difference the
open spaces in the cage are now in use and I don't worry about my kids
falling and getting hurt.  It also makes it easier to hang hammocks and
sleep sacks.  Best of all the ferrets love it.  I put the second floor at
the bottom of the top door and the two half shelves that came with it
together half way between the 2nd floor and the bottom with a ladder from
the bottom floor to the half shelves then one from the half shelves to the
2nd floor.  A sleep sack hangs from the second floor in front of the half
shelves and a privacy house hangs from the top of the cage just above the
2nd floor.  I also got custom acrylic litter boxes from them that fit right
into the cage and cannot be moved around.  I put one box on each floor with
food and water also on each floor.  It really makes a nice house for them.
I have six ferrets in this cage and they have plenty of room and lots of
sleeping space.  I also hung some toys and feathers from each floor for them
to play with.  They also sell a complete line of ferret products.  The best
way to contact For Ferrets Only is by fax.  They respond better to this than
any other contact.  Here is their address and phone numbers:

For Ferrets Only
P.O. Box 570927
Miami, Florida 33257-0927
Phone-(305)378-8877
Fax-(305)378-0898 Like I said the best way to contact them is by FAX.

Thank you J.D. and the Ferret Patrol