From:
bill and diane killian - zen and the art of ferrets <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Mar 2000 21:20:17 -0800
>From:    Debbi Searing <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: the eternal food debate :-)

You're going to hate this...

>Dr. Goldstein wonders "how even a slaughterhouse determined to observe
>'good factory practices' could remove all or even any of the fecal matter
>from each of the thousands of chickens being slaughtered and processed at
>its plant each day."  Some things to think about, how much chicken poop
>your fuzzies are eating, ew.

Your ferrets are not eating any more than you are.  Traces of such things
are in ALL processed food - pet food or human food.

And going vegetarian won't help.  All peanut butter contains traces of
bug parts for example.  Other processed foods have their own hidden
'skeletons'.

Peta lies.  Still.  Dr. Goldstein doesn't impress me if he wastes times
getting people all fired up over silly trivia.

>I don't agree with a lot of their practices, but the fact is, their
>investigative work HAS turned up horrific abuses at some labs and
>slaughterhouses, resulting in these places being closed down.

Not really.  Peta just grabs the spotlight from the REAL folks that did
the REAL research.  Peta lies.  If you want to go deep into animal rights
at least find the groups that aren't just false front donation pigs.

Find Animal People on the web - got browser problems so I can't find their
URL for you now unfortunately.  They "investigate" the "investigators".
Unfortunately when we contacted Animal People they seemed VERY
uninterested in a ferret owner's point of view.  They just don't care
about ferrets in particular.

Don't quote Peta and expect to be believed and not because they do bad
things.  They are not the ones throwing the red paint - thats the Animal
Liberation Front.  Its really some of the same folks as are involved with
Peta but it is "technically" a different organization.  Peta claims to not
break laws.  <guffaw>  Also don't quote Peta to a group of ferret owners
that are in the know about Peta really wanting ferrets to become extinct
(pointed out many times over the years)

--
bill and diane killian
zen and the art of ferrets