From:
Kimberly Trusty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Apr 2004 21:44:47 -0500
Greetings from Coffee Creek Ferret Rescue

I am in need of some information.  We recently rescued an albino female
with pink beautiful eyes.  What is the percentage of these that are deaf,
I am almost certain that she is.

Gracie came to us from a yucky place.  The guy who gave her up didn't
even bother to clean her cage.  The cage that she lived in was smaller
than my daughters gerbil cage and had at least 2-3 weeks of poo in it.
He stated that he couldn't handle her and that she would bite.  I have
never dealt with a biter before, usually it was something we found that
caused the biting.  Nevertheless, we brought her home and moved her into
a three level home with a litter box (that she used by the way) and toys
and food oh my!!  I used my husbands welding gloves the first time I got
her out, but she seemed so gentle that pretty soon the gloves came off.
She allowed my daughters and I to pick her up and carry her around.  She
played in the bathroom floor and never even nipped.  But my eldest
daughter made the mistake of picking at her when her face was away and
she turned and nipped her good.  (it didn't break the skin or anything
though).  That leads me to the belief that perhaps aside from deplorable
living conditions she bites because she gets startled as she doesn't hear
us.  The other reason is when I vacuumed the carpet sharks den this
afternoon, the regular guys watch like the vacuum is gonna suck up their
prize possessions, she never even moved or opened her eyes, but when I
ran my finger on the side of her cage such that she could feel it moving
she opened her eyes and looked at me.  Either way Gracie is now found a
forever home here in the Ozark Hills with the rest of the gang.  Any info
would be greatfully appreciated.  By the way she is really tiny and does
not have the Marshall Farms tattoos.

Thanks again from
Rick and Kim Trusty Coffee Creek Ferret Rescue
Frank,Cole,Jessie,Bob,John,Paco,Willie,Sandy, and Gracie