From:
Greg Hindley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Jul 1999 23:59:52 EDT
Hello all, again.

I have read the last 6 digests as well as many other resources and accessed
many, many websites after acquiring our little Max.  I have done quite a
bit of research trying to learn as much as I can regarding ferrets.

I seem to find a HUGE number of ferret owners that have so many problems
with their fuzzys such as: Adrenal problems, cancer, spleen problems,
broken bones, insulinoma ect.  So many I cant list them.  They seem to go
through surgery after surgery with rehab and recoup programs spending
perhaps thousands of dollars.

I guess that 50 to 60 percent of the posts are related to health questions
regarding ferrets.

We have had one other ferret, Rascal (may he rest in peace) who died from
natural causes but am now concerned that there is a real problem with
domesticated ferrets and I am concerned that this may have been an unwise
choice to adopt one and let our little boys get so attached to him.  Is
there a problem arising from the rampant breeding and domesticating of
these little guys?

Why is there so many health problems with them?

Don't get me wrong, I am doing my best to raise Max in a healthy loving
environment and to hopefully have a long lived fuzzy to bond with and grow
with our family..  Till the end.

Please let me know what you think.  Any of you.
Greg