From:
April Armstrong Campbell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Dec 2003 00:02:48 -0500
>...before then, I have to bring myself to removing the name plate from
>the cage..."

It might make you too sad to see it, but maybe it would make you feel
like he was still a part of your business in the future if you kept his
name up; I have a big blanket that wonderful Sue from Okeechobee (check
out her goodies and shelter kids at http://www.craftyferret.com) made
with my first two ferrets' names embroidered on it (I still have those
two ferrets) and since I've added to my crew, I've had their names added
to the blanket, and it makes me smile whenever I see all their names
there, even the three that I've lost.  It's a way to kind of keep them
all together for me.  I also have a "decorate your own" food bowl I got
from the Ferret Store that I add names and each ferret's pawprint to as
I adopt them, though two of my babies aren't on there b/c I just started
the bowl this past year.

Jut something to consider if you can't bring yourself to take down his
name...

Peace to you, and I'm so sorry for your loss.

-April AC